Canterbury Coffee Corp. – OneCoffee® Giveaway Contest
Please read these official rules before entering the Contest.
The OneCoffee® Giveaway Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Canterbury Coffee Corp. (the “Sponsor”). The Sponsor is the sole sponsor of this Contest and the Contest is not sponsored or endorsed by or associated with Instagram or Meta, or any other social media platform, entity or person.
These Official Rules and Regulations (the “Rules”) apply to the Contest. By participating in the Contest, each entrant is confirming their agreement that they have read and agree to be legally bound by the Rules. The Sponsor may disqualify any entrant who is determined by the Sponsor to be in violation of the Rules.
The Contest is open to all persons who are legal residents of Canada (excluding residents of Quebec) who at the time of the Contest entry have reached the legal age of majority in their province or territory of residence. Employees, representatives, agents, officers or directors of the Sponsor, its affiliated entities, prize suppliers, or advertising or promotional agencies involved in the Contest are not eligible, nor is any person that lives in the same dwelling as such person.
The Sponsor may require an entrant to provide proof of identity in a form acceptable to the Sponsor to verify eligibility in the Contest, to claim the Prize or for other purposes related to the Contest. Entrants must have internet access with a valid email address and a public Instagram account during the Contest Period.
3. Contest Period
The Contest begins on December 21, 2023, at 6:00 am Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on January 4, 2024, at 11:59 pm PT (the “Contest Period”). All persons wishing to participate in the Contest must have complied with entry requirements by the end of the Contest Period to be eligible to win the Prize.
4. How to Enter – *NO PURCHASE NECESSARY*
To enter the Contest, no purchase is necessary. Entrants must follow OneCoffeeOrganic’s Instagram page (@OneCoffeeOrganic), “like” the Contest post on that page and tag at least one friend (who must also be following the OneCoffeeOrganic Instagram account) for one (1) entry. Entrants may share the Contest post to their stories in Instagram for one (1) bonus entry.
The Contest is limited to one entry per Instagram account and one (1) bonus entry per day when sharing the Contest post in their stories. Automated entries are prohibited and use of any automated devices will result in disqualification.
Entries will be deemed to have been made by the authorized holder of the applicable social network account and/or email address used for entry. Entries, comments and/or posts related to the Contest including emojis or photographs may not include obscene, offensive or inappropriate (in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion) material or defame any person, or otherwise infringe on any person’s proprietary rights.
The winner of the Contest will receive the following:
- (a) One (1) Keurig machine K-Mini Plus® Single Serve Coffee Maker
- (b) One (1) OneCoffee® logo mug; and
- (c) Two (2) boxes of OneCoffee® coffee (each containing 12 Keurig compatible pods) in various varieties;
(together, the “Prize”) which has an approximate retail value of $150.00.
The Prize will be shipped by the Sponsor to the address provided by the winner and the winner will be responsible for all costs and expenses associated with the Prize other than the cost of shipping the Prize to the winner.
The Prize is not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash and there will be no substitutions of the Prize except by the Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute all or any part of the Prize for another part or prize of comparable or greater value at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
The retail value stated in these Rules is only an approximation as the actual value is subject to price fluctuations in the market. If, at the time a Prize is redeemed or awarded, the actual prevailing retail purchase price for the Prize is less than the approximate retail value stated in these Rules, the winner will not be entitled to any award or compensation for the price difference.
The Prize is awarded as described and the Sponsor makes no representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the value, quality, suitability or fitness for purpose of the Prize.
6. Contest Administration
The winner will be selected by the Sponsor at random by drawing from all eligible entries received by the entry deadline and such drawing will be made at the Sponsor’s convenience after the end of the Contest Period. The selected winner will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question. The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries that have been submitted or received.
The Sponsor will announce the entrant selected as winner of the Contest on Instagram (subject to further compliance with the Contest Rules) and the entrant will be notified by private message on Instagram or such other means as may be available to the Sponsor . If the winner cannot be contacted within 48 hours of the Sponsor’s notification, if notifications are undeliverable, or if the winner does not respond within such 48 hour period, the selected entrant forfeits its right to receive the Prize and the Sponsor may select an alternate entrant as winner from the remaining entries.
After responding to an initial notification by the Sponsor, in order to be awarded the Prize, the selected winner must:
- (a) within 7 days of notification, provide full contact details, including physical address and phone number;
- (b) correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question (administered by the Sponsor in whichever format the Sponsor determines); and
- (c) execute and return a declaration and release of liability (the “Declaration and Release”) in a form provided by the Sponsor.
If the winner does not comply with (a) to (c) above within 14 days of notification, the winner will be deemed to forfeit the prize and the Sponsor may select another winner. No person will be considered a winner of the Prize until the Sponsor officially confirms they are the winner under the Rules, notwithstanding any earlier announcement of the selected entrant.
7. Declaration and Release
In accordance with the Rules, to receive the Prize, the selected winner must provide the Declaration and Release in which, among other matters, the winner will:
- (a) acknowledge the Sponsor is not providing a warranty or guarantee of the Prize or any component thereof and the selected winner is fully responsible for all use or consumption of the Prize, including the supply of any additional consumables required to operate any component of the Prize, and for the operation, breakdown or repair of any component of the Prize;
- (b) acknowledge that by accepting the Prize, they assume all risk, responsibility and liability for any loss, injury or damage to any persons or property, in connection with or resulting from participation in the Contest, receipt or consumption, use or misuse of the Prize by themselves or other persons, whether negligent or otherwise, and whether or not such risk is foreseen;
- (c) for itself and for any spouse, children, personal representatives, heirs, executors, administrators, agents and assigns (collectively “Releasors”) release, remise and forever discharge the Sponsor and its shareholders, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies, Instagram and Meta and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, administrators, promotional partners, licensees, representatives, (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability, claims or causes of action for any losses, harm, damages, costs or expenses (and waive any claims in respect thereof) arising out or in connection with their participation in the Contest or the acceptance, consumption, use or misuse of the Prize whether by the Releasors or others, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of privacy, defamation, howsoever caused, including by negligence, whether arising now or hereafter, whether now known or unknown, and from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and
- (d) agree to not make any further claim or take any further proceedings in respect of any matters released against the Releasees or any other person, company, corporation or other legal entity who might claim contribution or indemnity from Releasees, and if any of the Releasors bring a claim or a proceeding resulting in any loss, liability, obligation damage, or cost against the Releasees in respect of the matters herein released, the winner will indemnify and save harmless the Releasees from all resulting loss, liabilities, obligations, damage and costs with respect thereto.
8. Personal Information
Personal information provided as part of the Contest will be used by the Sponsor for the purpose of administering this Contest and for publicity. By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use, retention and disclosure to the public of personal information of the entrant by the Sponsor, including the name, city/town and Province/Territory in which the entrant resides, and Instagram username/handle for administration of the contest and for publicity purposes in connection with the Contest or the Prize in any media or formats, including but not limited to the Internet, without further notice, permission required or compensation.
9. General Provisions
(a) All decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest, including compliance with the Rules, times and dates, eligibility and the selection of a winner, are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, review or recourse of any kind.
(b) All questions related to this Contest may be directed to the Sponsor by phone to 604.431.4400 or by email at Marketing@CanterburyCoffee.com.
(c) The Sponsor may amend the Rules (including times, dates and notification periods) at any time and from time to time without notice. In the event of any inconsistency between these Rules and any other Contest-related materials, the Rules with govern. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with the terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
(d) The Sponsor may withdraw, amend, suspend, terminate or cancel the Contest for any reason whatsoever including any printing, publishing, posting, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules, including, without limitation, due to fraud, strikes, inadequate supply of prizes or supply chain issues or pandemic or in order to comply with applicable laws.
(e) The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the Contest and the Rules and the rights and obligations of entrants, the Sponsor or any of the other the Released Parties in connection with the Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of British Columbia and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. By entering the Contest, the entrant consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of British Columbia in any action related to the Contest, the rules or any relationship between the entrant and the Sponsor created thereby.