Well it’s certainly getting festive around here! Nothing says the holidays more than a hot drink to warm your soul. To help get into the spirit of the season, we’re sharing 3 recipes for making delicious single-serve coffee drinks!
Our first recipe is the faux latte. Now, a true latte is made with espresso, steam milk and flavouring of your choice. But when you’re armed with a Keurig and milk frother you can make a pretend latte that will give the $4 store-bought version, a run for its money!
Faux Vanilla K-Latte
We recommend using a full-flavoured dark roast for this recipe. Our Sumatran works well! Brew this on the 6 oz setting of your Keurig to get a full-bodied coffee.
1 Sumatran OneCoffee pod brewed at 6 oz
1/2 mug of milk
1 TBSP of vanilla extract/flavouring syrup (or to taste)
- Add vanilla extract or flavouring syrup to milk in a microwaveable mug.
- Start by heating up the milk in the microwave. You want your milk to be hot, but not scalding.
- Brew your OneCoffee pod at the 6 oz setting into a mug of your choice.
- While brewing the pod, use a milk frother to whip up the hot milk. This is adding air to the milk so it will expand a bit and create that essential “latte foam”. You want to froth it until you have 1/3 foam to 2/3 hot milk when you’re finished.
- Once the pod is done brewing and there is some foam on your steamed milk, pour the milk over the brewed coffee and spoon in the foam.
Iced Coffee Cold Toddy
For this recipe you’ll need to do some prep work. Start with brewing your OneCoffee pod of choice into an ice cube tray. It may take a couple pods to fill all the ice cubes, but continue to brew these at a 4 or 6 oz setting on your Keurig – trust us, you’ll want this to be stronger than what you usually brew. Put your ice cubes into the freezer to harden overnight.
3 Dark French OneCoffee pods brewed at 6 oz
1 cup of Eggnog
1 oz spiced rum
Pinch of nutmeg for garnish
- Take out two coffee ice cubes and add to a short glass.
- Pour the spiced rum over the ice cubes, and fill the remainder of the glass with eggnog.
- Pinch some nutmeg over the top and stir with a cinnamon stick if you’d like!
The key to making a good mocha is the right ratio. You’ll need to create a chocolate milk concentrate and heat that up and then add that to your brewed single serve pods. Add whipped cream and chocolate drizzle for garnish if you like.
2 Peruvian OneCoffee pods brewed at 6 oz
1 cup of milk
3 TBSP Dark Chocolate Sauce (or melted dark chocolate pieces)
Chocolate Drizzle & whipped cream for garnish
- Mix 3 TBSP dark chocolate sauce with one cup milk.
- Warm up chocolate milk in the microwave, but don’t let it boil. This will make the milk taste curdled, which isn’t very nice.
- Brew two Peruvian OneCoffee pods into a cup.
- Pour the warmed chocolate milk into the coffee.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate drizzle.
ONECOFFEE™ HAS NO AFFILIATION WITH KEURIG INC. OR K-CUP®.